Maximum Brainpower is well written and each page stimulates the reader to read the next. Moreover, the topic itself the brain and its secret powers is profound, rich and enriching. In other words: because of its forceful suggestions, its analyses and its wide knowledge, this book is well worth reading. And re-reading’
Written by internationally renowned cognitive psychologist Shlomo Breznitz and technologist Collins Hemingway, Maximum Brainpower is filled with colourful reallife stories and fascinating psychological experiments that show you how to make the most of your grey matter. This book is not only a fascinating tour of the science of the mind, it also shows how you can improve your mental abilities, extend your thinking to its highest levels and ensure your brain fitness in the future. Discover:
– Why challenge and stimulus improves your brain and how to harness this process
– How to separate good stress from bad
– What role hope and socializing play in fighting off the worst symptoms of dementia
– How sudoku and crossword puzzles are actually little help to your brain power
– Why multitasking can be detrimental to your mental health.
Collins Hemingway, Shlomo Breznitz